For the Benefit of All Beings
Karma yoga is a form of yoga in which selfless acts of service are performed.
We run our karma yoga initiatives during our green season (May/June and September/October).
Karma Yoga Wish List:
Contact us if you’re interested in contributing volunteer work hours. Please send us a brief (300 word) proposal of your project and talents, along with your resume.
Skills we are looking for:
- Accounting help
- Gardening/permaculture and environmentally-aware project managers
- Carpenters for small construction/carpentry projects
- Help with our website, marketing, social media and outreach
- Help with bringing packages down from the US
Skills we are not looking for:
- Yoga teachers
- Massage therapists
We work on the honor system and would ask that you do the same, offering us your best work and fully engaged attention in return for our trade.
Option 1: Work 6 hours per day, 5 days per week / Free room and 3 daily veg meals
Option 2: Work 4 hours per day, 5 days per week / Pay $200/week
Would one of these work for you? When and for how long would you like to volunteer?
We require a $100 deposit as assurance that the arrangement is fair and beneficial to everyone. This will be returned in full as you move onward after fulfilling your commitment to Villa Sumaya. We do work on a week-to-week basis with volunteers, meaning that we’ll be checking in with you often to be sure you’re happy and productive here.
- We ask volunteers to make their beds and pick up after themselves, as we do not include maid service in our work/trade program.
- We will replenish your pitcher of drinking water and empty your trash bin daily.
- If there are group retreats during your stay, buffet meals will be served at the times designated by the group.