Please join Lama Mark in 2018 for an eight-day discovery of innate great purity through Dzogchen transmissions. Held at Villa Sumaya in the tropical region of Lake Atitlan, the retreat is surrounded by three volcanoes, open big sky and water views.
Discovering that all our taints, sins and confusion are non-other than the energy display of the mind—and ultimately pure—is a giant wake up. It is great love. It is expansive compassion and is profoundly freeing. Though hidden for a time, innate purity of awareness is what we have all day and night. As close as our nose, we just have to listen, study, reflect and meditate to see it. We can all discover this primordial awake mind and free ourselves and others from bewildering emotions.
The transmissions Lama Mark will give:
- The Preliminary Liberation Instructions of the Drikung Gongpo Yangzab Lineage
- The Vajrasattva meditation, a practice by Terton Mebar Rinchen Phuntsog (16th cent.)
- The Secret Means of Attainment of Guru Padmasattva, Pacifying Sin and Obscuration, introduced in the Vajrasattava practice but expanded into a profound yoga. Revealed by Mebar Rinchen Phuntsog as part of the Yangzab Dzogchen cycle.
- Commentary and instructions on essential purity from Dzogchen teachings of view, meditation and conduct.
There will be opportunities for interviews with the teacher.
Lama Mark (Lama Yongdu Chokyi Gyaltsen) has been studying and teaching Buddha-dharma for over forty years. For thirty years his main root teacher was the great Ven. Namgyal Rinpoche who taught all three cycles of the Buddha’s teachings, including Abhidhamma, Vipassana in the lineage of Mahāsi Sayādaw, generation and completion stage practices of the Tantrayana and Mahamudra/Dzogchen of many lineages, especially of the Karma Kagyu and Sakya. More recently under the guidance and request of Drikung Lho Ontul Rinpoche, Lama Mark has been teaching principally the richness of the Drikung Mahamudra and Drikung Yangzab Dzogchen traditions.
Lama Mark has a deep and long term interest and collaboration in a number of scientific fields and the arts which he integrates with the teaching of Buddhism.
His compassionate activities demonstrate a profound commitment to freeing beings from innumerable suffering states. Lama Mark’s emphasis with practitioners and students is on uncovering pure Dharma to reveal its extraordinary benefits and share the great joy of its deep study, meditative practices and integration into all aspects of our lives.
For more information on Lama Mark please see:
Registration & Pricing
Maya Rose 2-6 and Skyline Bungalows 9, 10 & 20:
Single accommodation: $895
Double accommodation: $675 per person
Lotus House, Maya Rose 7 and Ginger Suites 8 & 18:
Single accommodation: $1,015
Double accommodation: $895 per person
Triple accommodation: $800 per person
Ginger Suites 17, 19 & 21:
Single accommodation: $1,200
Double accommodation: $1,015 per person
- Accommodation for 8 nights
- 3 vegetarian meals per day
- Unlimited tea, coffee and filtered water
- Use of the temples, hot tub and all taxes
- $100-$200 per person toward travel expenses of Lama Mark. If we receive more participants than we are anticipating, this shared travel expense will be less.
- $50 per person towards the sadhana, texts, and materials
- Dana (Donation to teacher)
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due upon booking and 50% of the balance due 60 days before the retreat. Final payment due during your stay at our center.
Financial Aid: Inquiries regarding personal requests for partial work-trade scholarships will be considered. Please send us your proposal and vision as to why you’d like to participate and how you’d like to offer your energetic or monetary exchange.
For more information or to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org