Host a Group in Central America
If you are looking for a majestic nature sanctuary to lead a retreat, Villa Sumaya is your destination!
Villa Sumaya has been hosting retreats since 2003. We provide a nurturing environment with a warm inviting atmosphere, where you and your students may let go of your daily cares and embrace the empowering opportunities for personal and group transformation.
- Luxury hotel accommodations for up to 38 participants, all with lake views, private bathrooms and patio seating
- Two inspiring group studios equipped with props, sound systems, altars, and gorgeous views
- Three delicious, home cooked, well balanced, vegetarian meals (chicken and fish available)
- Solar heated hot tub and wood burning sauna
- Full-service spa offering massage, facials, ionic footbaths, consultations, esoteric readings and more
- Lush gardens, hammocks and cozy shaded or full sun sitting areas
- Fair-trade boutique stocked with local treasures and custom designed Eco Sumaya crafts
- Healthy snack and juice bar offering delectable raw treats, exotic smoothies, and home made kambucha
- Unlimited tea, coffee and purified water service at our 24/7 beverage bar
Our majestic location offers panoramic views of three volcanoes and beautiful Lake Atitlan. We have a friendly staff that will lovingly cater to you and your students' needs. Once you’ve reserved space, we will help you prepare for your retreat with our Welcome Kits. We can organize your ground transportation and activities including tours of local villages, Mayan fire ceremonies, a fair-trade market with local artists and spa treatments. We can even help you register your students for an additional charge.
Villa Sumaya partners with group leaders by:
- - posting your retreat on our high-trafficwebsite
- - highlighting your retreat on our newsletters
- - listing our center with online directories
- - posting your retreat on our social media platforms
- - inviting you to write a guest post for our blog
Our efforts to become an ecologically-sustainable center further enhance your experience. We have a solar hot tub and solar-assisted hot water for your rooms; vegetable and herb gardens; an organic composting and recycling program; as well as a fruit orchard and a food forest with vegetables and medicinal herbs.
Please check out our Upcoming Retreats to see what groups are coming. We still have openings, and there may be a week that is just right for you!
Contact us to receive our group package rates today. We look forward to sharing our paradise with you!