This week-long training is an intensive immersion into the study and practices of massage, ‘energy activated’ holistic bodywork, and human bio-energetics. Each day of the training will include one experiential exercise and practice class (meditation, qi gong, taiji or pranayama) and two practicum classes (lecture/demonstrations and pair practicing).
Each of the three modules are designed to address the needs and interests of beginning, intermediate and advanced practitioners.
Energy activated bodywork and light body transformation – Level 1
This Level 1 retreat is an immersion and experiential training in deepening contact with your emotional, mental and light body. Through a series of guided meditations, Qi Gong sessions, breath work and energy activated deep tissue massage, Robert will assist you in identifying blocks and leakages while moving towards greater flow, awareness and lightness of being.
- Morning sessions in energy activation and mind/body awareness
- In-depth exploration of breath mechanics and breathing
- One hour-long session of energy-activated bodywork with Robert during your week
- Personal reflective coaching and supportive dialog
- Afternoon or evening gatherings for sound healing and meditative insight training
- For entry level practitioners with little or no experience in massage or bodywork
- Fundamental philosophy of how and why we do massage
- Fundamental human anatomy
- Principles and functions of practitioner body mechanics
- Body handling of the client
- Table set-up, props, and draping.
- Creating set and setting of the treatment space so as to be conducive to the physical and spiritual growth of the client
- For those with moderate massage or therapeutic experience
- Consolidate our skills and knowledge into a cohesive approach
- Build a solid but flexible practice that is fluid, dynamic and precise
- Complex body handling techniques with analysis and critique of practitioner performance
- Diagnosis of massage ‘stroke’ components as well as studies of linking strokes and moves into a continuous massage flow
- Focused studies of structural anatomy as well as ‘esoteric’ anatomy
- Involved analysis of practitioner body mechanics from the viewpoint of taiji/qi gong philosophy
- Study of respiratory mechanics and optimal breath function
- How to use, teach and coach breathwork with client on the table.
- Basic trigger points and craniosacral holds to induce profound states of release and relaxation
- Practitioner/client dyad as a co-evolutionary process.
- For those with up to or more than 1,000 hrs of bodywork experience
- How to move from mastery to virtuosity
- Understanding and utilizing respiratory mechanics and the principles of breathing in holotropic breathwork aimed at synergistically harmonizing breath between practitioner and client to trigger deep state relaxation and energetic release.
- Using ‘counter point’ (opposing, complementary or antagonistic trigger points) to maximize the release and movement of energy
- Using principles of taiji movement to develop and master simultaneously independent technique with both hands
- Static postures and qi cultivation technique to build and utilize energy for subtle bodywork
- Assessments of client condition and needs
- Tailoring sessions to needs of the client
- Using muscle testing for session analysis
- Use of auxiliary tools and techniques for space clearing, enhancing vibratory states, and maintaining high frequency healing fields.
- Accessing and interfacing with higher level entities and spirit guides.
- 7 nights of deluxe, single accommodation
- course tuition
- a one-hour massage at Harmony Spa
- daily vegetarian meals and beverage service
- all taxes
Not included: transportation costs, tips to Villa Sumaya staff, optional tours & activities
Pricing & Registration
$1,650 single in deluxe accommodation
To learn more or sign up, contact Michelle at email@example.com.
About the Instructor
Robert has devoted more than 30 years to the study, practice and mastery of inner disciplines. He brings advanced degrees in aikido, Tai Chi, pranayama, and meditation to the work he loves most: integral holotropic breath work, bodywork and massage.
“Words cannot begin to describe the beauty, power, and depth of your gift. Through the doorway of my body you touched my soul and supported me in softening and opening locked places inside. More than a massage you truly offer a multi-dimensional, alchemical healing practice, which I have been blessed to receive. You convey your wisdom, compassion, strength, insight, and integrity through your practice. Thank you. With a bow of gratitude, and respect.” ~ Mark, Ashland, OR