Luminosity Lake / Brooke Welty & Jackie Lane Bates
March 2, 2024 - March 8, 2024
Join Brooke and Jackie for an immersive week of nurturing your body, mind and spirit through yoga, breathwork, meditation, cold immersion, Dharma talks and more in an all-inclusive dream-like escape wellness retreat in Guatemala.
We will begin our journey with one night in the historic and charming town of Antigua. From there we will nestle into our home, Villa Sumaya on Lake Atitlan. An immaculate day may begin with sun salutations overlooking the lake and a fortifying or light breakfast before our dynamic and powerful 75 minute Vinyasa Flow, Breathwork and an apres practice, lake dip!
The afternoons will offer some structure and play — choose to join the group for all or some planned activities or choose your own adventure.
- Boat into neighboring towns for local adventure
- Heal in powerful ceremony ~ Mayan Fire, Cacao, Sweat Lodge, Ecstatic Dance, and Sound Healing on-site
- Indulge at Harmony Spa. Treat yourself to a revitalizing therapeutic treatment with one of Sumaya’s sought-after healers.
- Make yourself at home in Sumaya’s cozy lounges, lush gardens and deep relaxation enclaves.
- Open your mind’s eye with a sacred sunrise hike to Indian Nose.
- The evening yoga offering will be shorter, followed by a sound bath. Relax with plenty of time to get ready for a special evening group dinner each night.
- The days will close with group ceremonies and rituals. Fall asleep to the sounds of lake waves rippling to shore and nature humming to sleep.
- The retreat will also be peppered w/ Dharma talks on topics from Ayurveda and the science behind breathwork to yoga posture clinics and yogic philosophy.
- 3 wholesome, delicious meals per day. Villa Sumaya is known for its culinary excellence and offers its own Sumaya Sol cookbook.
- No yoga experience is necessary. All daily yoga sessions cater to all levels and are always optional. Pick and choose from the practices based on how you feel. Participate as much or little as you like!
- Re-enter your daily routine more aligned, clear and full-hearted.
Brooke Welty originally comes from the world of dance and entertainment. She settled back in southern California, after a decade in New York City, and transitioned into the world of yoga and wellness. Throughout the past 10 years
Brooke has worked in the wellness realm as a business leader, instructor, teacher trainer and breathwork coach. Her passion is guiding yoga, breathwork and meditation. She is trained in the Wim Hof method and holds an E-RYT 200 Yoga Alliance certification.
Brooke believes that wellness should be tailored to each individual’s needs and intentions and be guided with creativity, innovation, joy and compassion. She is infinitely honored and grateful to live her passion; to move, to connect and to find never-ending inspiration in her community and her Dharma.
Jackie is a lover of all things movement, flow, and embodiment. She leads workshops, teacher trainings and retreats in the US and internationally. She is an ERYT-600 yoga teacher, and has nurtured dozens of successful yoga teachers across California. Jackie is trained in Vinyasa, Bikram, Power, Ayurveda, and the subtle body. She is committed to community healing and wholeness.