Yoga, Sex & Death / Susan Marrufo
November 4 - 11, 2023
The YSD Intensive Retreat offers tantrik hatha yoga, meditation, self-inquiry, shadow work, and death practices to guide you deeper into your heart.
Embodiment exercises and rituals help you discover the deepest parts of yourself as the authentic expression of intimacy, presence, and love that you already are.
What You Will Receive
- 6 days of deep purification work on the physical, emotional, energetic, mental and spiritual bodies through movement, meditation, inquiry, and group ritual
- 7 nights and 8 day stay at luxury boutique hotel Villa Sumaya in Santa Cruz La Laguna on majestic Lake Atitlan
- Accommodation – shared double room (single room options available)
- 3 freshly prepared vegetarian meals a day (special dietary needs can be accommodated with advance planning)
- Access to saunas, pool, hot tubs, juice bar, apothecary bar (healing herbs)
- Participation in traditional Mayan sweat lodge ceremony (optional)
- One month FREE membership for post retreat after-care
MA, E-RYT 500
Left the United States and a job in advertising in 2008 to travel internationally and experience life beyond the confines of her cultural conditioning. She received her first 500-hr yoga certification in Thailand in 2009, where she began her studies of the classical yogic scriptures and delved deeply into esoteric tantric philosophy.
After 2 years of teaching month-long tantric based courses on the banks of the Ganges in India and the Pacific coastal towns of Mexico, Susan returned to the US to begin a residential internship with the Kripalu School of Yoga, where she taught in and project managed several Kripalu yoga teacher trainings as well as received her 2nd 500-hr teacher training certification from the Kripalu School of Yoga.
She has since split her time between India, Thailand, and the US, facilitating trauma-informed group courses in the inquiry of yoga, meditation, intimacy, and shadow work.
She is the founder of Samarasa Center.