Back to Bliss Yoga Adventure Retreat / Harriet Alterowitz & Jennifer Brooke
March 6 - 13, 2021
Stress slips away and your true nature returns, bringing you
Back to Peace, Back to Nature, Back to Bliss!
Join Jennifer Brooke and Harriet Alterowitz for a fun winter getaway at Villa Sumaya, an exquisite retreat center seductively situated on the picturesque shores of Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. Villa Sumaya is an eco resort with full services for adventure travelers wanting to hike, kayak and explore. There is also plenty of time for reflection, rest and relaxation. This romantic retreat center offers elegantly decorated private rooms, spacious grounds, hot tub, sauna and natural refuge gardens. Our yoga practice space is thatched roofed with hard wood floors and full panoramic lake/volcano views.
Yoga classes are open to all levels of experience. Non-yoga spouses, partners and friends are welcome to join us!
Upon arrival to Guatemala, we will spend 2 nights in Antigua, a place of rare beauty, major historical significance and vibrant culture. It is a must see destination! Our hotel is close to the city center to allow for leisurely walking, visiting museums and familiarizing yourself with Mayan culture prior to our departure to Lake Atitlan.
Jen and Harriet formed Back to Bliss Yoga in 2004 with the intention of teaching classes that integrate all eight limbs of yoga in an experiential manner and for all levels of students. We will celebrate each sunrise at Villa Sumaya with silence and meditation. Jen and Harriet will expertly guide you in hatha yoga practice with a focus on asana for all levels to get you ready for the day. Our afternoon practice will include pranayama, meditation and a gentler asana practice including restorative yoga. We will include some special evening practices such as Yoga Nidra and insight into yoga philosophy. The yoga shala offers exquisite views of Lake Atitlan’s three volcanoes and is well equipped with props for your comfort.
Jen & Harriet are both certified yoga teachers at the 500+ hour level and have been teaching yoga since 1998 locally as well as leading weekend retreats in Montana and yoga vacations around the world including Costa Rica, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico, Hawaii, Italy and Greece. They combine their strengths of precise alignment, creativity and compassionate teaching to allow for self-discovery and deep understanding of the benefits of yoga!
9-Night Retreat Package includes:
- Airport transport on March 4th to Antigua & 2 nights lodging in Antigua with breakfasts at our delightful downtown hotel
- 7 nights at Villa Sumaya with a wide choice of rooms with private bath
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily at Villa Sumaya with optional chicken or fish available at an additional charge
- 2 classes daily with Jen and Harriet including active asana, restorative yoga, pranayama and meditation…special evening activities
- A special ritual ceremony
- 1 group excursion
- Ground and water transport from Antigua to Villa Sumaya on March 6 and from Villa Sumaya to GUA airport or airport hotel on March 13
- Tipping for group transport
- Airfare to Guatemala City
- Lunch and dinners outside of Villa Sumaya, alcohol or special drinks
- Body work or extra service and personal tipping for services, excursions & staff
Pricing for 9-Night Retreat Package Fee per person: all rooms will be filled upon order of request
Per person fee ranges from $1895 to $2295, depending on occupancy level & room choice.
Our hosts in Guatemala www.villasumaya.com
Jen Brooke: 406 531 7384 email@example.com