Ready to unwind and explore Guatamala? Join Suzanne for a Yoga + Adventure retreat this fall at Villa Sumaya, located on the picturesque shores of Lake Atitlan in the heart of the Guatemalan highlands. This retreat will include a little bit of everything–vinyasa flow yoga, evening meditation, spa days, Mayan fire rituals, and plenty of time for exploring the rich culture of Guatemala. Prepare to reconnect with yourself, rekindle your sense of adventure and curiosity, make new friends, and leave feeling balanced and rejuvenated.
Depending on accommodation type, pricing ranges from $1345 -$1950. Includes all your meals, a Mayan ceremony, daily yoga, daily mediation, and a special Cacao experience and ritual. We offer up to 8 payments to help break up the cost with a deposit required at sign up. Full price must be received by 10/1/19; we will adjust your payment plan if needed to help make this happen.
Daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, dinner Daily (one dinner excluded) – fresh, locally grown cuisine
Unlimited drinking water/juice/specialty retreat teas
Evening Meditation or Yoga Nidra
Mayan Fire Ritual
Cacao Experience and Ritual
Private Water Taxi to Villa Sumaya
ADDITIONAL EXCURSIONS & AMENITIES
Exploring nearby villages and markets
HOW TO SIGN UP
In order to reserve your spot, a non-refundable deposit is required. Payment in full is due no later than October 1, 2019. Payment plans are offered at 8 payments but can be modified if you are short on time till the trip. Please note that all payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Deposit is non-refundable. No refunds for any payments or cancelations can be honored after 8/15/19. Substitutions can be made if you have someone who wants to buy your spot. Please inform us asap if this happens. *Travelers insurance suggested to cover any last minute cancelations or family emergencies you can’t forsee.
Suzanne has been teaching Vinyasa/Power Yoga for over 12 years and owns a studio in Colorado where she offers and leads retreats all year long and worldwide! She is also a Rolfer (bodyworker) specializing in body mechanics and anatomy; studying how the body moves and how it can move more efficiently! In the summer she leads Paddleboard Yoga classes on the water. In her classes you can plan to be challenged and energized in her flows to music as well as to feel a deep sense of grounding and peace to support your retreat. Her evening meditation classes will be based in breathwork, utilizing Yoga Nidra as well to help nurture the serenity and peace.
For more information:
Join Chelsea Winters for seven nights of heart opening exploration of this little piece of paradise. We will breath, move, feel and delve deeper into the nature of our surroundings steeped in Mayan culture, and explore the nature of ourselves. All yoga levels are welcome.
- 7 nights in lake front accommodations with warm, inviting décor, private bathrooms, outdoor patios, amazing lake views, orthopedic beds and quality linens.
- Twice daily yoga asana, pranayama and meditation classes with Chelsea, or a guest teacher/guest ceremony, in a sacred and inspiring yoga temple. Simple, eclectic décor with panoramic views, hardwood floors, thatched roofs and elegant altar spaces set the tone for deepening practices.
- Sacred Cacao Ceremony- In the spirit of the ancient traditions, join us in a sacred circle of ceremony and celebration centered around the sharing of a cacao elixir. Pure cacao is an authentic plant medicine used to uplift the spirit, deepen focused meditation and strengthen our reconnection with heart-centered awareness. Known as the “food of the Gods,” cacao has an expansive, mood-enhancing quality that helps us gently shift blockages while realigning us with the path of the heart.
- Sound Healing Ceremony
- Cultural day trip to local village with a component of Bhakti yoga
- Evening of Kirtan- Kirtan is the ancient practice of call-and-response singing. It is an easy, joyful, heart-opening practice from the Bhakti Yoga path. Chanting sacred mantras with live music brings our mind, heart, and body together in a hypnotic and harmonious flow of love. Joining our voice as One we open the door to experience the goal of all Yoga – Merger with the Divine.
- 3 delicious, healthy, locally sourced meals daily, tastefully prepared and artistically presented- inviting in a true Mayan flair. Meals will take a healthy approach to vegan and vegetarian cuisine. Chicken or seafood will be available for an additional $7/portion. Unlimited filtered water, juice and teas.
- Airport shuttle and ferry coordinate to Villa Sumaya (cost of shuttle not included)
- Unlimited sunsets and star gazing
- Unlimited use of private pool and swimming in the lake
- Local State & Hotel Tax
- Unlimited potential for adventure, soul searching and fun!
About the leader:
Chelsea was first introduced to yoga as a freshman in college at the University of New Hampshire and has been practicing since. A long time vegetarian with a passion for the outdoors, it was a natural fit. An active person, initially drawn to the physical practice, the movement of the asanas and the strengthening aspect. As Chelsea did more yoga and her practice deepened, she soon became aware of the mental and spiritual changes that yoga was having on her. How her whole attitude and outlook could shift from a single yoga class. Yoga has taught Chelsea many life lessons. It has taught her presence and breath and has made her more aware of her natural surroundings. It has taught Chelsea to pause and appreciate the little things, and how truly small we are in this big world.
Chelsea received her 200HR yoga teacher certification at Yandara Yoga Institute in December of 2012- this one choice has changed her life. In April of 2015, she received her 500HR yoga teacher certification, also at Yandara Yoga Institute. While at Yandara, Chelsea also studied Reiki and completed her Reiki Certification. Chelsea has been a registered member of Yoga Alliance since November of 2012.
Chelsea is a face of the Vail Yoga Community as a Lululemon Ambassador. When not teaching in the Vail Valley, you can find Chelsea running both local and international yoga retreats, skiing, hiking, camping, rafting, selling real estate or exploring outside with her husband and border collie mix, Buka!
For inquires and details: