Terms & Conditions Leading a Group Retreat (6/2020 – 5/2021)
A group retreat is defined as a reservation with a minimum of five rooms. Please see your Agreement for detailed terms.
All deposits and payments are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Estimated bill (see your agreement with Villa Sumaya) and releasing rooms
Your estimated bill has been calculated by assuming half of your reserved rooms will be doubles and half of your reserved rooms will be singles. This does not mean you must sell the rooms in any particular configuration. It is simply an approximation of your bill used for the payment schedule. Your estimated bill, 6-month, and 2-month payment amounts will be adjusted if rooms are added or released. If your choose to release rooms according to your contract terms, this must be communicated and confirmed with Villa Sumaya prior to your 2-month payment.
* Upon booking confirmation: initial deposit of $200/room
* 6-months prior to retreat date: 25% of estimated bill due
* 2-months prior to retreat date: 25% of estimated bill due
* One week prior to retreat date: Balance due
* Upon check-out: Any additional charges to group bill can be paid on-site at the end of the retreat (i.e., final transportation costs, incidental purchases, etc.)
Final occupancy and preliminary bill
Two months prior to your retreat start date, you are required to submit your exact room occupancy. If you release rooms at any time, Villa Sumaya reserves the right to sell those rooms. You will still be responsible for the minimum number of contracted rooms. (These will be billed at the median between single and double occupancy pricing.) You will be sent an updated bill based on your room occupancy two weeks prior to your retreat start date. The balance is due one week before arrival.
There is a $15 charge for room changes after check-in. If you have a situation in which someone requests a double or triple and there is not a roommate, we ask that you work this out with your participant.
All group member inquiries, registrations/payments, group forms and room assignments are to be handled by the retreat leader. We may be able to offer this service at an additional rate of $50 per registrant; inquire for details.
Meal Times & Dietary Needs
All meals are served between the hours of 8:00am and 6:30pm for your group. Special dietary requirements can be accommodated at an additional charge. If your entire group will require a special menu based on dietary restrictions, notification must be provided at the time of contract signing.
Emergencies and Health Issues
Villa Sumaya is not responsible for guests’ health during their stay. In the event of emergency, we will assist clients but assume no responsibility.
Theft & Breakage of Items
Villa Sumaya is not responsible for theft or loss of valuables in rooms or on hotel grounds. There are lock boxes in each room for storage of valuable personal items.
Quiet hours are observed daily between 9pm – 9am. During the regular working hours, staff will be working around the property on general room and facility maintenance as well as landscaping. As there are neighboring properties and safety is the top priority, complete silence at the retreat center cannot be guaranteed. If you require quiet hours outside of 9pm-9am, you must advise at the time of contract signing.
Grounds and Facilities
Villa Sumaya agrees to maintain the retreat center property. Any maintenance issue will be responded to in a timely manner (usually the same day).
Travel, Weather or Natural Disasters
No discounts are issued for travel complications, inclement weather or natural disasters/acts of God, including any of the following: late arrivals or early departures, travel delays, flight change/cancellations or illness. Travel insurance is highly suggested to cover possible losses.
Additionally, no discounts are issued in the event of power outage, evacuation, or any other consequence of weather or natural disaster. In the unlikely event that Villa Sumaya cancels your retreat, for reasons including (but not limited to) natural disaster, weather or political upheaval, payments will be refunded in full, including initial deposit and all subsequent payments.
Pricing Catalog of Tours & Activities
The current version of our catalog of off-site excursions and on-site ceremonies is updated each June/July to reflect the proper pricing for the retreat year ahead. We review pricing with all outside guides/businesses and adjust rates annually in June/July for the season ahead. Please be sure to reference the most recent Tours & Activities Kit or confirm the prices of these additional services with our Reservations team. Regardless of when your contract was signed, we always work only with our current version of published pricing for activities/outings.
The group leader assumes full responsibility for all his/her guests for any accident, personal injury, illness or property damage by or to a guest that may occur while utilizing Villa Sumaya facilities. Group leader hereby releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless Villa Sumaya/Mayan Sun LLC, its staff/representatives from and against any and all claims, liabilities, suits, actions, damages or losses. We highly recommend that group leaders require a signed liability release from each of their participants.
Villa Sumaya and its employees are not liable for any damages caused mentally or physically as a result of, or in connection with:
– Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveler becoming ill during a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short. All hospital and medical expenses are the traveler’s responsibility.
– Monetary crises, social unrest, political or labor problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties. For any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (hurricanes, volcanic activity, mudslides, earthquakes), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, hurricanes or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws.
– Any liability caused by malpractice, accident or error of independent practitioners providing services in the Harmony Spa.
– Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Villa Sumaya is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements.
– Loss of items anywhere on hotel grounds, during excursions and/or transportation to or from the center.