Booking and Cancellation Policies
A 50% deposit of the total room cost including taxes is required to secure your reservation. Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a Reservation Confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Payments can be made with credit card (Visa or Master Card), PayPal, or bank transfer. Credit card and PayPal payments will incur additional fees: 5% for credit cards and 3-5% for PayPal.
Please contact us for bank transfer details.
Please carefully review our Cancellation Policy below. Securing your reservation with a deposit means you have read and accepted the terms of our Cancellation Policy.
The remaining balance of your total room cost including taxes is due upon arrival at Villa Sumaya. Villa Sumaya accepts cash (US Dollars or Guatemalan Quetzales), credit cards (Visa or Master Card) and personal checks. Traveler’s Checks are no longer accepted. Alternatively, you may pay your hotel room balance via bank wire transfer. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like us to send you bank account details and wire transfer instructions.
We highly recommend that all of our guests purchase Travel Insurance, which is generally inexpensive, but can really save a lot of financial loss and emotional distress if an unforeseen event occurs. We recommend your travel insurance will cover you for airline flight and accommodation cancellations. We also recommend you consider coverage for accident, illness, medical evacuation and theft.
Accessibility, Extra Person, Children, and Pet Policies
Due to our location and nature of being boat-access only, Villa Sumaya is unfortunately not an accessible property for guests with disabilities or highly limited mobility.
Children 0-2 years old are charged at $15/night per child, 3-5 years old are $25/night per child and ages 6-12 years are $45/night per child.
Pets are not permitted at Villa Sumaya.
The current version of our catalog of off-site excursions and on-site ceremonies is updated each June/July to reflect the proper pricing for the retreat year ahead. We review pricing with all outside guides/businesses and adjust rates annually in June/July for the season ahead. Please be sure to reference the most recent Tours & Activities Kit or confirm the prices of these additional services with our Reservations team. Regardless of when your contract was signed, we always work only with our current version of published pricing for activities/outings.
Securing a reservation with your deposit means you accept the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy.
Cancellations made more than 45 days prior to check-in date will receive a 50% refund of the deposit/amount paid. Cancellations made within 45 days prior to check-in date will forfeit 100% of the deposit/amount paid.
All refunds are payable by PayPal or credit card. Refunds are subject to PayPal/credit card fees and the terms and conditions of those institutions. We do not issue refunds by bank transfer at this time. Please considering taking out Travel Insurance to protect against unexpected cancellations.
No shows will be charged at the full booking price.
We do not issue refunds or credits for flight cancellations, due to any circumstances. Please consider taking out Travel Insurance to protect against flight cancellations or delays.
Any changes to your reservation must be received no less than 30 days prior to your original arrival date via email. Changes are subject to availability. There are no refunds or credits issued for reservation changes within 30 days of the arrival date that reduce the number of nights stayed.
There are no refunds or credits issued for early checkouts or missed meals, yoga, spa sessions, ceremonies, excursions, etc.
There are no refunds or credits issued due to bad weather, natural disaster or any other situation beyond our control. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against these types of unforeseen events.
Villa Sumaya and its employees are not liable for any damages caused mentally or physically as a result of, or in connection with:
– Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveler becoming ill during a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short. All hospital and medical expenses are the traveler’s responsibility.
– Monetary crises, social unrest, political or labor problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties. For any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (hurricanes, volcanic activity, mudslides, earthquakes), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, hurricanes or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws.
– Any liability caused by malpractice, accident or error of independent practitioners providing services in the Harmony Spa.
– Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Villa Sumaya is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements.
– Loss of items anywhere on hotel grounds, during excursions and/or transportation to or from the center.