Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for All Reservations EXCEPT Group Retreats
Booking and Cancellation Policies for Individual/Personal Reservations
A 50% deposit of the total room cost including taxes is required to secure your reservation. Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a Reservation Confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Payments can be made with credit card (Visa or Master Card), PayPal, or bank transfer. Credit card and PayPal payments will incur additional fees: 5% for credit cards and 3-5% for PayPal.
Please contact us for bank transfer details.
Cancellation Policy for Individual/Personal Reservations
Securing a reservation with your deposit means you accept the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy.
Cancellations made more than 45 days prior to check-in date will receive a 50% refund of the deposit paid. Cancellations made within 45 days prior to check-in date will forfeit 100% of the deposit paid.
All refunds are payable by PayPal or credit card. Refunds are subject to PayPal/credit card fees and the terms and conditions of those institutions. We do not issue refunds by bank transfer. No-shows will be charged at the full booking price.
We do not issue refunds or credits for flight cancellations, due to any circumstances.
Any changes to your reservation must be received via email no less than 30 days prior to your original arrival date. Changes are subject to availability. There are no refunds or credits issued for reservation changes within 30 days of the arrival date that reduce the number of nights stayed.
There are no refunds or credits issued for early checkouts or missed meals, yoga, spa sessions, ceremonies, excursions, etc.
There are no refunds or credits issued due to bad weather, natural disaster or any other situation beyond our control.
The remaining balance of your total room cost including taxes is due upon arrival at Villa Sumaya. Villa Sumaya accepts cash (US Dollars or Guatemalan Quetzales), credit cards (Visa or Master Card) and personal checks. Traveler’s Checks are no longer accepted. Alternatively, you may pay your hotel room balance via bank wire transfer. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like us to send you bank account details and wire transfer instructions.
We highly recommend that all of our guests purchase Travel Insurance, which is generally inexpensive, but can really save a lot of financial loss and emotional distress if an unforeseen event occurs. We recommend your travel insurance will cover you for airline flight and accommodation cancellations. We also recommend you consider coverage for accident, illness, medical evacuation and theft.
Check-in & Check-out
Our check-in time is from 3:00-8:30pm, and check-out time is from 7:30-11:00am. The fee for early check-in or late check-out is $30 for the first hour and $5 for each additional hour. We require advance notice for any early/late check-ins or check-outs. Accommodating the request will depend on room availability.
We DO NOT guarantee that rooms will be available for participants to arrive prior to 3 p.m. check-in on the start date listed in your agreement. You must provide accurate information to your participants regarding your program start date and 3 p.m. check-in time. Participants must book additional nights with our reservations team as needed and pay for them in advance.
Accessibility, Extra Person, Children and Pet Policies for All Reservations
Due to our location and nature of being boat-access only, Villa Sumaya is unfortunately not an accessible property for guests with disabilities or highly limited mobility.
Children 0-2 years old are charged at $15/night per child, 3-5 years old are $25/night per child and ages 6-12 years are $45/night per child.
Pets are not permitted at Villa Sumaya.
Liability for All Reservations
Villa Sumaya and its employees are not liable for any damages caused mentally or physically as a result of, or in connection with:
– Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveler becoming ill during a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short. All hospital and medical expenses are the traveler’s responsibility.
– Monetary crises, social unrest, political or labor problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties. For any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (hurricanes, volcanic activity, mudslides, earthquakes), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, hurricanes or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws.
– Any liability caused by malpractice, accident or error of independent practitioners providing services in the Harmony Spa.
– Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Villa Sumaya is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements.
– Loss of items anywhere on hotel grounds, during excursions and/or transportation to or from the center.